It is recommended that you come for a consultation if you are considering booking an aesthetic treatment that you have not had before. The consultation is free and sometimes it is required in order to give you an accurate price and to ensure the treatment is the best for you.
The benefits of Lip enhancement/ filler
Dermal fillers treatments can contour and create volume, fill out lines, treat wrinkles and rejuvenate your skin. Fillers are made up of hyaluronic acid, a substance that naturally exists in your body. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in all skin and soft tissues throughout the body. It attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration. If your lips have lost definition over the years, or never had the fullness you would like, lip fillers can enhance the shape and volume of your lips to give you more definition to your smile. We will create a personalised treatment programme to ensure your lips stay plump and continue to look great.
The result of a single treatment can be seen instantly and can last for around 6 to 9 months. We use Juvederm product guaranteeing the safest and best results possible
Nasolabial folds and marionettes lines?
The ‘nasolabial’ or ‘nose-to-mouth’ lines and folds are similar in many ways to the ‘marionette’ lines and folds, they are both formed when, through the natural ageing process, the central part of the face loses soft-tissue volume whilst the fat pads from the lateral parts of the face, thin and drop downwards.
Dermal filler in these areas can successfully soften the lines and folds giving a more youthful appearance.
We always recommend a consultation for this treatment to ensure suitability for the treatment.
Who cannot have dermal fillers
- Treatment is not recommended if you are
- Suffering from any skin infection in or near the treatment
- If you have previously experienced allergic reactions to any dermal filler or local anaesthetic.
- If you are taking any medicines which affect bleeding, such as aspirin or warfarin.
- If you are taking steroids or have autoimmune disease.
- If you have any bleeding disorders.
- If you suffer from a poorly controlled medical condition.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are currently or have recently completed a course of Roacutane (Isotretinoin acne treatment) in the last 18 months.
Injections on the face can trigger the cold sore virus. If you are a sufferer, please let us know before you book. If you have recently had treatment with any other dermal filler, please discuss this with us before booking
What to expect after your Dermal Filler treatment
- It is recommended that you do not wear any makeup for 24 hours following the treatment, avoid use of any cosmetics on the treated area during this period of time.
- Avoid any extended exposure to the sun, UV rays and temperatures below 0°C after treatment. This includes the use of sunbeds for at least 14 days following the treatment.
- It is normal for there to be slight redness, swelling and tenderness around the treated area immediately after treatment. These signs generally disappear within a few days, but make sure you contact your practitioner if they persist.
- Do not enter a sauna or similar environment for 2 weeks following treatment.
- The risk of bruising and bleeding may be higher if you are taking aspirin, high doses of vitamin C or any other anti-coagulants. Discuss any concerns that you have with your medical aesthetic practitioner.
- If you believe that you are experiencing any adverse side effects, contact your practitioner immediately.
This may make dermal fillers treatment sound scarier than it is. As with any medical or aesthetic procedure there are some risks involved, but by following the correct aftercare instructions you will reduce these risks and aid the end results.
SKIN REJUVENATION USING Fibroblast
Skin rejuvenation using fibroblast technology (also known as “Fibroblast” or “Plasma Pen”) is an innovative treatment for loose skin, wrinkles, fine lines as well as stretch marks and skin tags. It is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment that is designed to tighten and lift the skin, shrinking excess skin.
What to expect during the treatment
The device creates tiny plasma flashes between the pen and your skin, resulting in a small carbon crust. This increases collagen and minimises the skin in its immediate vicinity. Collagen is responsible for skin strength and elasticity and its degradation leads to wrinkles that accompany ageing.
How long does healing take and what should I expect?
The day after treatment you should expect to be swollen (particularly if the eye area has been treated) and experience minor pain and soreness, this tends to go down in 1-2 days. You will have several small scabs all over the treated area. These tend to come away after around five days to seven days, it is important to let these come away when they are ready.
You must avoid the sun and artificial light sources, sunbeds, whilst the skin is still healing. Once the scabs have come away we recommend using a high factor sun protector, which will combat the risk of pigmentation occurring after treatment. You must continue to use this high factor SPF for the coming few months.
The skin can be dry and a little flaky whilst it is healing. You may also experience some itchiness. 100% pure Aloe Vera can be used to help relieve the itching and can also have a cooling effect.
Most clients will find that they are healed and see results in seven days to two weeks, however, it can take up to six weeks to see optimum results.
How many sessions will I need and how long will my results last?
Most clients see results that they are happy with after just one session, for others it may take two or three. The effects of this treatment are not entirely permanent as it is impossible to stop any future ageing but the results should last for 2-4 years. Certain lifestyle factors can prevent the result from lasting as long; such as smoking, prolonged sun exposure and excessive alcohol consumption.
Important Pre-Procedure Advice
- There is some downtime associated with this treatment and since delicate skin or sensitive areas may be swollen or red and you will have noticeable scabs on the area treated, it is advised not to make social plans for a few days post-treatment. You may want to consider taking a couple of days off work if you are client-faced and concerned about looking your best whilst at work
- The use of aspirin, Ibuprofen or blood thinning medication within the two days leading up to procedure may increase the risk of bleeding at the treatment site; as will drinking alcohol and caffeine and these should be avoided for a day or two pre-treatment
- If you have any eyelash extensions, these need to be removed prior to treatment (if treating the eye area) to minimise the risk of infection
- If you are having an eyelid treatment, you may have some swelling in the eye directly after the treatment.
- If you suffer, or have suffered in the past from cold sores, and are considering a lip procedure (lip flip or smoker’s lines), it is recommended that you use anti-herpes medication (for example Zovirax) one-week prior and one-week post procedure.
Clients should be in good health at the time of treatment. If you have symptoms of a cold or flu then treatment should be postponed. We cannot treat clients who are:
- dark-skinned (due to higher risk of hyper/hypo-pigmentation)
- pregnant or breastfeeding
- have a pacemaker fitted
- prone to keloid scarring
- have uncontrolled diabetes or any kind of healing or lymphatic draining issues
Microneedling and Meso Therapy
Microneedling is a type of treatment that uses small needles to cause tiny punctures in the skin. These small contact points encourage the body to create a wound healing response and renew the skin cells. As your skin repairs, the production of collagen and elastin is triggered to give an almost immediate plumping effect. It can also help tackle other skin damage such as scarring, dark marks, sun damage and ageing.
Treatments can be performed on the body as well as the face, although prices are based on an area the size of the face.
The best results from Microneedling are seen after a course of treatment.